From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] LWE-SF budget request
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:46:00
1 On Tuesday 21 June 2005 09:49 am, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > As for CDs, I agree w/ cshields. On the other hand, cd and/or t-shirt
3 > _sales_ might well be a good idea (if they're allowed; I haven't been to
4 > one of these).
5
6 I don't believe sales are allowed on the show floor. Sometimes they are, and
7 when they are in California you have to have a special license, deal with
8 sales tax, yadda yadda..
9
10 Mozilla Foundation got around this last year by offering items and having a
11 "recommended donation" price sheet for those items. You can't enforce the
12 prices on people (well, you can but if you got caught doing so it might
13 jeopardize future invitations). I think that the show people were a bit
14 unhappy about that situation anyway. To top it all off, it was embarrassing
15 that some of our own devs got away with $35 firefox polo shirts for only $5.
16 So you run the risk of losing money on the ordeal as well.
17
18 Something to think of for future shows..
19
20 -C
23 Corey Shields
24 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team and Devrel Team
25 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
26 http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields