From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] bylaws
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:09:52
1 On Sunday 24 October 2004 19:56, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Dear all,
3 > I've put together a very preliminary set of bylaws that I stole (with
4 > permission) from the Python software foundation. I suspect that we'll
5 > want to make a lot of changes, but I suspect it will serve as a decent
6 > starting point. We'll also need to pass whatever final version we come
7 > up with by our consul, of course, but I suspect we've got a fair bit of
8 > hashing-out to do before we get to that step.
9
10 About:
11 Section 3.1. : Why delaware? Is that missed?
12
13 Section 3.4 : The sentence "If mailed, such notice shall be deemed to be
14 delivered when deposited in the United States mail addressed" seems to be
15 gramatically wrong (around the deposited in the United States mail)
16
17 Section 4.4 : Maybe it might be an idea to allow the posibility that the
18 members delegate the admission of members to the board.
19
20 Section 6.1 : I think it's probably better if the treasurer's position is
21 similarly protected like the president and the secretary.
22
23 Paul
27 Paul de Vrieze
28 Gentoo Developer