From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] need to change the copyright notice in all the ebuilds.
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 01:35:05
1 Daniel Robbins wrote: [Fri Jun 25 2004, 12:10:06PM EDT]
2 > You should hold off on changing the copyright notice until the copyrights
3 > for the source code have actually been transferred to Gentoo Foundation,
4 > Inc., don't you think? A separate legal document is needed to actually
5 > transfer the copyrights and other things to the Gentoo Foundation. It
6 > doesn't happen automatically when you create a NFP :)
7
8 Hmmm, well, it's already done. Guess we'll just follow up with the
9 paperwork ASAP. It would probably be better to refrain from touching
10 the entire tree again... It shouldn't hurt to have the new copyright
11 notice in the ebuilds since that's what we're planning to do anyway,
12 though this isn't something we'll want to make a habit of.
13
14 > And for when I'll get to doing this, I'll try to get to it in a week
15 > or two. New job gets first priority.
16
17 Sure. If there's any way we can grease the skids, please let us know.
18 Hope the job is going well.
19
20 Regards,
21 Aron