From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] copyright, take 3
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 22:13:03
1 On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Corey Shields wrote:
2
3 > Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 13:56:19 -0800
4 > From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
5 > To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
6 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] copyright, take 3
7 >
8 > On Saturday 05 November 2005 10:22 am, Deedra Waters wrote:
9 > > From the past emails, it seems as though the general consensis with the
10 > > exception of 2 people is that everyone seems to like and is ready to go
11 > > with what the lawyers and corey and kurt put together.
12 > >
13 > > The next step i believe is to present it to the devs. Does anyone have
14 > > any problems with my going ahead with this to keep things moving?
15 >
16 > We need to inform our counsel that we are ready to present it to the devs.
17 > The one who drafted the document is willing to be involved in talks with the
18 > devs personally rather than us play telephone between him and the dev
19 > community. This means he'll need to be in on the mailing list. And,
20 > speaking of said list, discussions on the copyright proposal will need to
21 > remain PRIVATE at the requirement of our counsel until they are finalized to
22 > protect our status with our legal counsel. This means no blog ranting or
23 > cross-posting of discussions. I believe when we were discussing this with
24 > them the idea that was brought up between Kurt and I was to create a new
25 > mailing list for these discussions. Anyone who violates the privacy of the
26 > discussion faces immediate suspension (and there will be people who do this.
27 > sucks to be them.)
28 >
29 > If we want to get this ball rolling that's great.
30
31 I'm ready to get this rolling, the sooner the better.
32 >
33 > Cheers,
34 >
35 > -C
39 Deedra Waters - Gentoo developer relations, accessibility and infrastructure -
40 dmwaters@g.o
41 Gentoo linux: http://www.gentoo.org
44 gentoo-trustees@g.o mailing list