From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] Re: Question about "g" logo usage
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 01:09:56
1 Grant Goodyear wrote: [Mon Sep 26 2005, 07:50:05PM CDT]
2 > My own small-amount-of-change: I don't mind commercial folks using our
3 > logo, but I think they should license it. Now that doesn't necessarily
4 > mean that actual money needs to be involved, but permission needs to be
5 > sought, and the time needs to be limited (with, of course, the option to
6 > renew the license). I think we need that much to maintain the Gentoo
7 > trademark(s), although that question should really be run by the legal
8 > folks for confirmation.
9
10 Oh, I also wanted to ask if there's a reason we don't have this
11 discussion on -nfp? To the best of my knowledge -trustees still isn't
12 archived, so it would be best if we had as many conversations out in the
13 open as possible.
14
15 -g2boojum-
16 --
17 Grant Goodyear
18 Gentoo Developer
19 g2boojum@g.o
20 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
21 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76