From: Peter Weller <welp@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-uk@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-uk] Gentoo meet
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:42:40
1 George Prowse wrote:
2 > On 11/07/06, Stephen <stephenjohnson@×××××××××××××××××××××××××××.uk>
3 > wrote:
4 >> Yes but i emailed someone about it, and they told due to their exams it
5 >> had been canceled and to keep an eye on the mailing list.
6 >>
7 >> George Prowse wrote:
8 >> > On 10/07/06, Peter Weller <welp@×××××××××.uk> wrote:
9 >> >> Stephen Johnson wrote:
10 >> >> > Peter Weller wrote:
11 >> >> >> Stephen Johnson wrote:
12 >> >> >>> Peter Weller wrote:
13 >> >> >>>> Hmm, I've got bad news for you... The Gentoo UK conference
14 >> was on
15 >> >> >>>> Saturday... Yes... last Saturday...
16 >> >> >>> i thought it had been called off
17 >> >> >> Yeah... until about a month ago...
18 >> >> > dammit i always miss out, btw dns is in dec and will be based
19 >> >> > somewhere near blackpool it is the longest running and largest
20 >> network
21 >> >> > security conference in the uk.Ill post more info when i get the
22 >> >> > organizers to get their arse in gear
23 >> >> Looks like Daniel forgot to announce it here... Oh well, there's
24 >> always
25 >> >> next year, and he'll be uploading all the slides from the
26 >> presentations
27 >> >> and also pics. If you got on IRC, you'd have known about it... oh
28 >> >> well...
29 >> >> --
30 >> >> gentoo-uk@g.o mailing list
31 >> >>
32 >> >>
33 >> > It was announced all over IRC and there are TWO (now 3) different
34 >> > threads about it in the forums and have been for over 6 months.
35 >> >
36 >> > If there is a Gentoo UK meeting do you not think the best place to get
37 >> > information about it is in #gentoouk ?
38 >> >
39 >> > George
40 >>
41 >> --
42 >> gentoo-uk@g.o mailing list
45 > Yeah, it was getting hard trying to find the right set of times and
46 > places but the one thing we knew was that we couldn't have it when
47 > exams were on.
48 >
49 > Finding a place at the right time, in the right location and with the
50 > right facilities turned out to be difficult and the best way to keep
51 > people in touch with the constant changes was with the forums.
52 >
53 > We posted polls on the forums about which location in the UK they
54 > would prefer, there was another thread about whether people could help
55 > by suggesting locations and there was another to keep people posted
56 > about the changes.
57 >
58 > It was probably me who told you that it was being postponed until
59 > after the exams and most of the announcements that i made tended to be
60 > on the forums but as usual the vast majority of the decisions were
61 > made live, via IRC.
62 >
63 > George
64 'Cummon guys, let's forgive and forget ;)
65 Anyway, I expected thanks rushing in for bringing this mailing list back
66 to live! (If it ever was "alive", that is...) Anyway, let's make use of
67 this list ;)
68
69 Peter
70 --