From: Adrian McMenamin <adrian@×××××××××××××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-uk@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-uk] Gentoo install
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:43:28
On Tue, July 15, 2008 8:38 am, George Prowse wrote:
> > On 14 Jul 2008, at 22:08, Adrian McMenamin wrote: > >> Is there a guide anywhere to how I can install gentoo on my Dreamcast? >> >> I have got a stage 3 tarball and installed the latest portage >> snapshot, >> but it seems like madness to me to try to compile packages natively >> and >> I have read fragmentary emails suggesting that I can get some sort of >> x-compile system up and running. >> >> But I cannot find anything coherent that explains how to do it? Any >> clues/experience? >> >> -- >> gentoo-uk@l.g.o mailing list >> > Wow, this list is alive! > > I remember something about the dreamcast from 4 years ago. Have a look > at this: > > > > > --
I have no problem booting the Dreamcast. i've been hosting my test rig for kernel development on a debian based distro, but it is not maintained and I believe the gentoo one is - which is why i wanted to shift to it. Further reading suggests that the way to do this is to set up a x-dev environment on one gentoo machine which hosts the NFS mount of the dreamcast stuff. I suppose I could do that, but my current development machine is Ubuntu based and I was wondering if there was a way round that. -- gentoo-uk@l.g.o mailing list