From: Marc Blumentritt <M.Blumentritt@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user-de@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user-de] Re: GCC Upgrade Problems - Why does emerge --sync not work
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 11:05:56
1 Richard Watson schrieb:
2 > I have a feeling I removed all the old GCC versions previously with
3 > "emerge -aC =sys-devel/gcc-3.3*" which is why it keeps failing.
4 >
5 > Another problem is that my laptop randomly freezes solid since upgrading
6 > GCC
7 > necessating a power cycle in order to get going again.
8 >
9 > I'm sort of thinking of rebuilding my system from scratch (presumably with
10 > emerge -e system and then emerge -e world) or am I just wasting lots of
11 > time.
12 >
13 > I susppect I've done something stupid ...
14
15 Did you run "emerge -e system && emerge -e world" before you purged
16 gcc-3.3? I cannot see from your post, if you did.
17
18 Marc
19 --
20 gentoo-user-de@g.o mailing list