From: "Benedikt Böhm" <hollow@g.o>
To: gentoo-user-de@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user-de] Gentoo Administrator gesucht! (m/w)
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 08:26:28
1 Hallo,
2
3 wir suchen Verstärkung bei der Administration unserer Server. Hier das
4 originale Job Posting:
5
6 We don’t care if you’re a rock star, a ninja, a jedi or a mum/dad. What we
7 care about is that you share our passion for infrastructure and automation.
8 That you’re thrilled by managing large server farms, digging into new
9 technologies and that you aren’t afraid to join the fight with us against
10 the opinion that nerds are stereotypes, easily copied by just throwing on
11 some weird glasses.
12
13 madvertise is a place of diversity. At our Berlin headquarter we have
14 people from over 15 countries. That’s why you should be a confident English
15 speaker. Although madvertise is a little bit grown up, our startup-heart is
16 still beating powerfully in the midst of the tech department.
17
18 We’re searching for people that are crazy good at writing, maintaining and
19 delivering code and are able to keenly discuss server architecture and
20 deployment processes. Ever wanted to build solutions which handle hundreds
21 of thousands of requests per second 24/7 and crunch terabytes (soon-to-be
22 petabytes) of data? At madvertise you’ll have the chance to do that.
23
24 These are some of the things you will have to work with:
25
26 Ruby, Chef, Gentoo Linux, Hadoop, Kafka, Zookeeper, Druid, nginx, Git, C,
27 C++, Storm, Haskell, Beer and many more.
30 You should bring the following qualities:
31 - Highly passionate about infrastructure and automation
32
33 - Self-motivated and self-directed learner
34
35 - Basic Ruby knowledge
36
37 - 3+ years of experience with Linux (Gentoo Linux is a big plus)
38
39 - Confidence in written and spoken English
40
41 In return we offer swag, including a Macbook pro, a mobile phone (iPhone or
42 an Android, depends on you) including all flat-rates, the chance to visit
43 conferences, the possibility to use XP-Rooms and our very flexible
44 working-times, the possibility to do creativity projects on Fridays and the
45 possibility to be part of the probably greatest team that is currently
46 available in Europe’s startup epicenter.
47
48 We look forward to hearing from you,
49
50 Bene (Head of IT Operations) and Martin (CTO)