From: Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@g.o>
To: gentoo-user-el@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user-el] Fwd: [gentoo-dev-announce] Google Code-In: 13-18 year olds in open source
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:34:54
Αν έχετε κανα γιο/ανιψιό/αδερφό κτλ κτλ που θα μπορούσε να βγάλει λεφτά για
μεταφράσεις:

Date: Tuesday 26 October 2010, 07:20:46
From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o

Hi all,

Based on our participation in the Summer of Code, Google invited us to
apply for their revived program for 13-18 year olds called Google
Code-In [1-2]. The basic idea is that students will complete a series of
small tasks rather than one huge project, and the tasks don't even have
to be related (or even involve programming!).

One really neat feature about GCI is that projects can be anything --
documentation, translation, coding, research, whatever. If you've been
feeling that your ideas are left out by GSoC, this is your chance.

After talking with a few devs, there seemed to be a lot of interest in
us getting involved. The application deadline is very soon -- this
Friday! We need a good ideas list by then if we're going to apply. I
created a draft ideas page [3]; please fill it in by the end of the day
on this Thursday.

We're looking for tasks that would take a student 13-18 years old
roughly 1-3 days to complete. Ideas might include writing man pages,
translating a few webpages, perhaps some relatively straightforward
bugfixes, etc. More general ideas are on our ideas page and the GCI
homepage. Because tasks are so short, mentoring will not be a major
burden, so don't let that hold you back.

I look forward to seeing all your cool ideas!

1. http://code.google.com/opensource/gci/2010-11/index.html
2. http://code.google.com/opensource/gci/2010-11/faqs.html
3. http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Google_Code_In_2010_ideas

--
Thanks,
Donnie

Donnie Berkholz
Sr. Developer, Gentoo Linux
Blog: http://dberkholz.wordpress.com

--
Theo Chatzimichos (tampakrap)
Gentoo KDE, Qt, SGML, Overlays, Planet Teams