From: Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@g.o>
To: gentoo-user-el@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user-el] Fwd: [gentoo-dev-announce] Google Code-In: 13-18 year olds in open source
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:34:54
1 Αν έχετε κανα γιο/ανιψιό/αδερφό κτλ κτλ που θα μπορούσε να βγάλει λεφτά για
2 μεταφράσεις:
3
4 ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
5
6 Subject: [gentoo-dev-announce] Google Code-In: 13-18 year olds in open source
7 Date: Tuesday 26 October 2010, 07:20:46
8 From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
9 To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
10
11 Hi all,
12
13 Based on our participation in the Summer of Code, Google invited us to
14 apply for their revived program for 13-18 year olds called Google
15 Code-In [1-2]. The basic idea is that students will complete a series of
16 small tasks rather than one huge project, and the tasks don't even have
17 to be related (or even involve programming!).
18
19 One really neat feature about GCI is that projects can be anything --
20 documentation, translation, coding, research, whatever. If you've been
21 feeling that your ideas are left out by GSoC, this is your chance.
22
23 After talking with a few devs, there seemed to be a lot of interest in
24 us getting involved. The application deadline is very soon -- this
25 Friday! We need a good ideas list by then if we're going to apply. I
26 created a draft ideas page [3]; please fill it in by the end of the day
27 on this Thursday.
28
29 We're looking for tasks that would take a student 13-18 years old
30 roughly 1-3 days to complete. Ideas might include writing man pages,
31 translating a few webpages, perhaps some relatively straightforward
32 bugfixes, etc. More general ideas are on our ideas page and the GCI
33 homepage. Because tasks are so short, mentoring will not be a major
34 burden, so don't let that hold you back.
35
36 I look forward to seeing all your cool ideas!
39 1. http://code.google.com/opensource/gci/2010-11/index.html
40 2. http://code.google.com/opensource/gci/2010-11/faqs.html
41 3. http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Google_Code_In_2010_ideas
44 Thanks,
45 Donnie
46
47 Donnie Berkholz
48 Sr. Developer, Gentoo Linux
49 Blog: http://dberkholz.wordpress.com
50
52 --
53 Theo Chatzimichos (tampakrap)
54 Gentoo KDE, Qt, SGML, Overlays, Planet Teams
55 blog.tampakrap.gr