From: "Arthur D." <spinal.by@××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user-ru@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user-ru] Re: [gentoo-user-ru] Re: [gentoo-user-ru] Re: [gentoo-user-ru] VIM vs NANO в Gentoo
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 17:20:32
1 > Ïîíÿòíî. Ñåé÷àñ ñäåëàåì òðåä íà îôô ôîðóìå. Âñåì êîìó íå áåçðàçëè÷íî --
2 > ïðîñüáà ïîääåðæàòü òåìó.
3 >
4 > Ìîæíî ëè ïðîäóáëèðîâàòü òåêñò áàãà? Åñëè ìîæíî -- ñêèíüòå ñþäà.
7 app-admin/sudo-1.7.2_p1: default editor set in ebuild forces user to have
8 nano installed.
9
10 I'm vim user, so I removed nano editor which was installed in stage3.
11 When I run command:
12 -------------------------------------------------
13 ~ $ sudo visudo
14 visudo: no editor found (editor path = /bin/nano)
15 ~ $ env | grep -i edit
16 EDITOR=/usr/bin/vim
17 -------------------------------------------------
18 I think the editor should not be hardcoded in ebuild.
19 Or it should be changed back to vim (which is sudo's default) because vim
20 is
21 better than nano.
22 Or there's a better solution: add USE flag to ebuild, so user could choose
23 the
24 editor to be compiled in.
25
26 Reproducible: Always
27
28 Steps to Reproduce:
29 1. emerge -C nano
30 2. emerge vim
31 2. Run "sudo visudo" as an unprivileged user
32
33 Actual Results:
34 Error message:
35 visudo: no editor found (editor path = /bin/nano)
36
37 Expected Results:
38 visudo should be run with my favourite editor, which is VIM.
42 Best regards, Spinal