From: "Björn Gustafsson" <kex3@×××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Linewrap in vim
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:10:06
1 Michael Kintzios wrote:
2 >
3 >>-----Original Message-----
4 >>From: JimD [mailto:Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org]
5 >>Sent: 23 March 2006 21:20
6 >>To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 >>Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Linewrap in vim
10 >>On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:18:44 -0600
11 >>Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
14 >>>Is there a way to turn off the line wrap function in
15 >>
16 >>vim/gvim? I know
17 >>
18 >>>it doesn't actually wrap lines in the file - I just want to turn off
19 >>>the visual line wrap in the editor. Is that possible?
20 >>
21 >>From within vim/gvim type:
22 >>
23 >>:set nowrap
24 >>
25 >>I add that to my .vimrc, without the ":".
28 > While on this topic, when I cut & paste in Vim it automatically inserts
29 > indents on the front of each pasted line which messes up my config
30 > files. I had it fixed some time ago and now I noticed it's back - would
31 > you know how I can switch it off again?
32
33 :set noai
34
35 and :set ai for when you want it back on :)
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list