From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo as OpenVZ/Virtuozzo guest
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:28:51
1 Jarry schrieb:
2 > Florian Philipp wrote:
3 >> I recently acquired a virtual server at hosteurope.de
4 >> ... How do I have to configure the kernel?
5 >> Which sources can I use?
6 >
7 > I'd say you do not need any sources, because as you wrote,
8 > you have guest. openvz/virtuozzo uses one single kernel
9 > running on host (similar as vserver-linux).
10 >
11 > As it is common, company offering virtual servers has a pool
12 > of guest-systems you can choose from (iirc, hosteurope offers
13 > debian, ubuntu, suse, and some kinds of windoze). You can not
14 > install a guest system of your choice, but you can ask them
15 > and maybe they will prepare it for you. Then you get root
16 > access to your guest system, and you can do with it whatever
17 > you want (except of building new kernel)...
18 >
19 > Jarry
22 Never mind,
23
24 I've just found this howto:
25 http://log.onthebrink.de/2008/04/gentoo-on-1-vserver.html
26
27 Can't promise that I won't come back with more questions, though ;)