From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fsck separate /usr
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 17:10:42
1 On Sun, 13 May 2012 17:11:55 +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > # copy data over
4 > rsync -ax /usr /tmp/bindroot/
5
6 It would be wise to remount /usr read-only before doing this.
7
8 > No need for downtime except for the reboot, I guess I cannot
9 > unmount /usr otherwise.
10
11 You could drop to single user mode to unmount /usr, but as that involves
12 stopping and restarting just about every service, it is just as
13 convenient to reboot... unless you are aiming for some sort of uptime
14 record.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 In possession of a mind not merely twisted, but actually sprained.