From: Oscar <monotux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge sync question
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:55:36
1 I'm not sure about the games, but avoiding installing X is quite simple!
2 This is what I use on my gentoo server:
3 USE="-gpm ipv6 imap gd gd-external jpeg png -svga -X -gnome -kde -qt -gtk -gtk2 xml xml2 apache2 tiff mysql offensive -samba"
4
5 I think there is a way to choose what categories you want to sync in gentoo (or was that freebsd?)...
6
7 Good luck!
8
9 Oscar
10
11 > Hello,
12 >
13 > i'm going to setup server machine on Gentoo Linux and my question is if
14 > it is possible to mask portage categories which i won't to update such
15 > as whole X apps games desktop utils and so on ... which I'll never
16 > install and use on this server.
17 >
18 > This will make faster syncing and rebuilding portage cache.
19 >
20 > Thanks in advance for any answer.
21 >
22 > Paul