From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] remove unneeded package.keywords entries
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 12:03:43
1 On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 15:22:19 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > >> True but if the OP hasn't cleaned his before, he may very well have a
4 > >> lot of cleaning to do as well. I clean mine every few months and it
5 > >> still has some size to the output.
6 > >>
7 > > That's why I run it every week :)
8
9 > You got to much time on your hands. You need better things to do. lol
10
11 :-)
12
13 When maintaining a Gentoo system, little and often usually take less time
14 in the ling run. I get emailed the results of eix-test-obsolete,
15 revdep-rebuild -p and a couple of other checks from each computer each
16 week. Most weeks I just scan the mails and move on as nothing is
17 reported. Occasionally I remove a line or two from /etc/portage/*, which
18 is far less work than trying to decipher the mess after leaving it for
19 several months.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 ... "I'm simply not a nice girl", she whispered tartly.