From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Extracting printer settings from a gcode file?
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 00:54:33
1 Hi,
2
3 currently I am starting with 3D-printing. I have watched a lot of videos of
4 how to create models, do bed leveling, (bad leveling, sometimes ;) choose
5 filaments, and what else...
6
7 Say one use a 3D-printer, which uses the a SDcard to read the gcode files.
8 Beside some basic settings (hot end temprature, bed temperature, filament feed
9 speed...I think that's it) all informations about the print process are in the
10 gcode file. There is no other way of feeding informations to the printer as the
11 gcode on that certain SDcard.
12
13 And slicer settings optimzed for a certain printer are seemingly one of the
14 treasures hunted a lot...
15
16 The printer I ordered (and which still hasn't arrived yet ...) comes with some
17 example gcode files. I would guess that the manufacturer has trimmed the slicer
18 settings he has used for these example files, are optimized to give the best
19 results with this printer -- its kind of an advertising.
20
21 Would be nice, if it could be possible to extract them from the gcode example
22 files in a way, that made it possible to feed them back into the slicer
23 software manually (not expecting to get a config file ready to be read directly
24 with that certain slicer software I want to use...)
25
26 And as one has already feared...the question: ;)
27 How can I do this?
28
29 Cheers
30 Meino
31
32 PS: I know qcode is an ASCII format...but understanding the codes to extract the
33 slicer settings is a totally different kind of task... ;)