From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA: All modules loaded, mixer unmuted, still no sound
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:48:50
1 On Sunday 26 February 2006 02:20, "Ducky Z." <duckyhatezchat@×××××.com>
2 wrote about '[gentoo-user] ALSA: All modules loaded, mixer unmuted, still
3 no sound':
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > The sound card works fine with Ubuntu in my other partition. I've
7 > followed Gentoo's Alsa Guide and currently with kernel modules. But no
8 > sound comes out when I play music or any other things.
9
10 Are use using alsa provided by the kernel, or the kernel modules provided
11 by alsa-driver? What version of either the kernel or alsa-driver? What
12 version of alsa-lib?
13
14 Can you play wav files through aplay? There should be some samples
15 in /usr/share/sounds if you don't have other .wav files.
16
17 In addition to being unmuted are the outputs actually turned up?
18
19 You appear to have the right modules loaded, but those dmesg errors are
20 likely because the userland is having problems talking to the kernel.
21
22 > My 'uname -a':
23 > Linux rolling-machine 2.6.15-nitro3 #3 PREEMPT Sun Feb 26 13:23:00 MMT
24 > 2006 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHz GenuineIntel
25 > GNU/Linux
26
27 What's -nitro? Is that your own kernel version string or is that like
28 ck-sources?
31 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
32 bss03@××××××××××.net
33 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy