From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is anyone using initramfs on Gentoo?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:45:56
1 On Sunday 30 April 2006 16:30, Maurice E Johnson wrote:
2 > I do hope you have read the appropriate documentation.
3 > In the Gentoo world, we have a thing called genkernel. Genkernel
4 > receives a lot of bad publicity sometimes but it realy is a nice tool
5 > if you graduate from the simple command line.
6 >
7 > Under genkernel you have several options for building either
8 > kernel
9 > modules
10 > initramfs
11 >
12 > In fact, the default under 2.6.x kernels is to build an initramfs for
13 > you.
14 > it will also install the entire mess for you.
15 >
16 which is how i'm booting off a raid 1 /boot partition, which everything else
17 (including / and swap) on an lvm on a raid5. genkernel will allow you to
18 also issue --menuconfig which will allow you into the kernel configuration
19 process.
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list