From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Freeing up disk space problem!!
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 00:50:08
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > If you instantly need more space, reduce the amount of reserved space for
4 > the superuser, which is 5% as default:
5 > tune2fs -m 2 /dev/your/partition
6 > Don't reduce it to 0, the lower this value is, the more fragmentation you
7 > will get.
10 I have a question on this. I have a drive that I use for movies and
11 such. There is nothing OS related on that drive. Would it be safe to
12 set this to say 1% or even 0? Also, it is already set up with LVM and
13 ext4. Can I change it even while there is data on there? I ask because
14 I don't want to change it and find out my collection is gone. o_O
15
16 Thanks.
17
18 Dale
19
24 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
25 how you interpreted my words!
26
27 Miss the compile output? Hint:
28 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"