From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to unshare: EINVAL
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 21:03:09
1 Am Mittwoch, 27. März 2019, 11:01:41 CET schrieb Hervé Guillemet:
2 > Le 26/03/2019 à 14:37, karl@××××××××.se a écrit :
3 > > I sometimes get:
4 > > Unable to unshare: EINVAL
5 > >
6 > > when "emerge"-ing packages.
7 > >
8 > > Does anybody know what that is about ?
9 >
10 > Your kernel is probably missing a features used by the new versions of
11 > portage. I'd say something like CONFIG_PID_NS from the General
12 > Setup/Namespaces support section.
13 > If you built your own kernel, try to activate this feature.
14
15 If you use gentoo-sources, the option GENTOO_LINUX_PORTAGE ("Gentoo Linux" ->
16 "Gentoo Linux Support" -> "Select options required by Portage features") will
17 automatically select them.
18
19 HTH
20 --
21 Marc Joliet
22 --
23 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
24 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup