From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: forcedeth for XP?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:20:33
1 Hello,
2
3 >From my config file I'm using this driver for 2.6.22-gentoo-r8:
4 CONFIG_FORCEDETH=y
5 CONFIG_B44=y
6
7 lspci shows:
8 00:10.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP51 PCI Bridge (rev a2)
9 00:14.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP51 Ethernet Controller (rev a3)
10 03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4310 UART (rev 02)
11
12 The Broadcom is the wireless ethernet chip, I believe.
15 Anyway, wired ethernet works fine under Gentoo, but since
16 it is a dual boot laptop, I need to get the wired ethernet
17 working under XP (hence, the OT, in the subject. Wireless
18 is not a concern at the moment.
21 Does anyone know where I can download just a working ethernet
22 driver for this chip under XP? (lspci -vvv:
23
24 00:14.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP51 Ethernet Controller (rev a3)
25 Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 30b7
26
27 I'm not sure who's ethernet hardware Nvidia uses. Using lshw I see:
28 product: HP Pavilion dv9000 (GD545AV)
30 product: 30B9
31 vendor: Quanta
32
33 *-bridge
35 product: MCP51 Ethernet Controller
36 vendor: nVidia Corporation
37 physical id: 14
38 bus info: pci@0000:00:14.0
39 logical name: eth0
40 version: a3
41 serial: 00:1b:24:66:3a:b0
44 The original installation partition was Vista and it's gone. I installed
45 XP pro (working fine except for wired ethernet), but I cannot seem to find an
46 ethernet driver. HP is useless.... I did get one fact from the myriad of
47 folks at HP support. There is nothing about the machine that mandates
48 Vista. All of the hardware should work with XP. All they will do is send
49 me a recovery CD.
50
51 Maybe somebody (more skilled than I at windoz) could help me locate
52 a binary or source code ethernet driver that would work under XP pro?
53 I've googled my fingers off with no luck
56 desperate (as usual),
57
58 James
61 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list