From: Sascha Cunz <sascha-ml@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev-197 moves from /usr/lib to /lib
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 21:41:55
1 [...]
2
3 > But it fixes how udev it's packaged in Gentoo, which is very good
4 > news. I haven't upgraded, since I need systemd-197 also (which wasn't
5 > yet in the tree yesterday), and I don't use LVM, but I'm wondering if
6 > the LVM problem happens when you use an initramfs. I'm guessing it
7 > doesn't, since udev should read rules from /lib/udev/rules.d AND
8 > /usr/lib/udev/rules.d.
9
10 I don't use an initramfs but neither do i have a separate /usr. Still, lvm2
11 hung after the udev upgrade. So it probably did _not_ search the old location.
12
13 Though, after pressing ^C, lvm2 terminated and some fall back mechanism kicked
14 in and the system worked just fine - i.e. was able to mount the lvm volumes.
15 I'm actually not sure what that means (or which "system" was responsible for
16 that fall back).
17
18 Sascha