From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] cups and parallel printing
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 05:25:09
1 I strugglung to get my hp720c printer to work under my latest install.
2 I have tried many things as follows...
3 * emerged ghostscript, foomatic, pnm2ppd, and cups
4 * fiddled with kernel settings re plugnplay related to a bug mentioned ealier
5 on the list.
6
7 I can print to files in whatever format, and I im leaning towards a fault with
8 the kernel or device that is being created. Even sending text to the device
9 doesnt work. odd thing is that cups knows what the printer is and where it
10 is. It just wont print anything.
11
12 The printer does work, I had it going under an older knoppix build 3.??. So
13 that must mean all the hardware is fine too. Starting to pull my hair out
14 here after no printer for several weeks. Can anyone help? Pretty please?
17 <ciaranm> doom == sealed in an unpleasant fate
18 <latexer> doom == rockin' oldschool FPS.
19 <tseng> doom == where ol' pete is heading fast
20 <bazik> doom = city in eastern france
21 <latexer> uh oh... bazik just reassigned doom to something new.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list