From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone running a gentoo guest on virtualbox?
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 21:17:41
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 22:12 on Tuesday 31 May 2011, Dale did opine
3 > thusly:
6 >> Alan McKinnon wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> Considering that ~250 devices consumes a teeny-weeny bit of disk space
9 >>> and they are hidden from view normally, I say it's worth it leaving them
10 >>> in. Which is what vapier also says.
11 >>>
12 >> +1 They are tiny plus when devfs mounts, they aren't visible anymore if
13 >> I recall correctly. Doesn't devfs mount on top of them?
14 >>
15 > Well that's what "hidden from view normally" evaluates to.
16 >
17 > But it's not devfs - that was an abomination that should never have been
18 > suffered to live. It's mere existence offended GregKH so much that he whipped
19 > up the beginnings of udev so that he might never see devfs ever again
20 >
21 > It's "udev" and is normally mounted on a tmpfs
25 Correct. I was thinking about the old way. Still mounted on top of and
26 hidden as you say.
27
28 Dale
29