From: Frank.Pikelner@××××××××.ca
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mii-tool on Dell 2850 with 10/100/1000 ports
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:58:27
1 I'm trying to use "mii-tool" to configure the NIC speed and duplex on a
2 Dell 2850 server (currently auto negotiates and has negotiated
3 100/half). The switch port is configured for 100/full. The Dell 2850
4 server uses the Broadcom chipset for the NIC and is a 10/100/1000 port.
5 Every time I try to force the port using mii-tool, the server port stops
6 responding and I have to reboot the box. Someone mentioned that mii-tool
7 may not be the correct tool and to try ethtool. My question is will
8 mii-tool work with a 10/100/1000 port? Should I be using ethtool under
9 Gentoo and if so where do I get it/install it?
13 Thanks,
17 Frank
26 This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary , confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.
28 Le present message electronique (y compris les pieces qui y sont annexees, le cas echeant) s'adresse au destinataire indique et peut contenir des renseignements de caractere prive ou confidentiel. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire. Si ce message vous a ete transmis par erreur, veuillez en informer l'expediteur et le supprimer immediatement.