From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: About the MATE desktop applications menu
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 11:16:23
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Sunday 26 Mar 2017 11:46:52 Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >> Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
5 >> > On Sunday 26 Mar 2017 02:51:50 Harry Putnam wrote:
6 >> >> Just curious is anyone else running the mate desktop has this same
7 >> >> shortfall.
8 >> >>
9 >> >> Usually in the Applications menu top right the last item on the menu
10 >> >> is a `run' command item where you can type in a command to be run.
11 >> >>
12 >> >> My fairly recently installed mate dt does not have that. Wondered if
13 >> >> others have that item in their `applications' menu.
14 >> >>
15 >> >> Or maybe there is some other bit of MATE I have yet to install.
16 >> >
17 >> > From what I recall I could click on the desktop and type a
18 >> > command/application. Plasma also has something similar.
19 >>
20 >> I don't use the desktop click much ... not for any good reason just
21 >> didn't ever creep into how I operate a desktop.
22 >>
23 >> Oddly I had not noticed that in this install ... clicking the DT
24 >> produces nothing whatsoever.
25 >>
26 >> Must be something a litte messed up here somewhere
29 > I don't have mate installed any more to test, but did you try pressing Alt+F2
30 > to see if a Run dialog pops up?
31
32 No I didn't and yes it does ... thanks