From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openssh-7.1_p1-r2 won't allow "nxserver" to connect [continued]
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 19:31:49
1 On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:58:47 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > I had the same problem.
4 > openssh-7.xxx (screwed up) by disabling ssh-dss key (that is what
5 > nxserver is using).
6
7 That's not what the error message you posted said.
8
9 > Trying to enable the "ssh-dss" via sshd_config does not work!
10
11 Which you would expect if that was not the problem. From memory, I think
12 your problem was caused by password logins as root being disabled. That
13 was another change for 7.0 and my only comment on that is "why the hell
14 did they wait until version 7.0 before getting rid of such and insecure
15 default?".
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.