From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] DHCP and Problematic IP addreses
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 05:27:04
1 Googling with "gentoo + dhclient.conf" and "dhcp + reject ip addreses"
2 doesn't give me any good leads.
3
4 I have a problem in which the DHCP server assigns a Bad IP address to
5 me. (miss pings, long delays etc..) I have tried various means to get a
6 new IP but it's not giving it to me since the DHCP has bonded it self to
7 my PCMCIA NIC's MAC Addr.
8
9 Short of waiting close 24 hours (and hoping that that address is not
10 given back to me again!), is there any way to reject some IP addreses it
11 provides to me?
12
13 In addition to that, I know dhcpcd has a config file dhclient.conf but
14 it seems to me that gentoo does not use it at all. So, I can't even
15 reject the DHCP server.
16
17 Help.
20 Ow Mun Heng
21 Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
22 98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
23 Neuromancer 13:16:09 up 3:19, 4 users, load average: 3.23, 2.99, 2.11
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list