From: Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] proftpd can't start !
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 01:48:58
1 2006/10/19, Erik <mistereastenstream@×××××.com>:
2 > Your'e problem is that when you type in:
3 > # proftpd
4 > you've started it before you run the init script. So when the init
5 > script tries to start it, it fails because there is already a proftpd
6 > started.
7 Yes.I just thought the first time i type in:
8 #proftpd
9 my proftpd didn't start.Now i know that it can start.
10 > The IPV6 error is only a problem if you need IPV6.
11 > Otherwise:
12 > # ps ax | grep proftpd
13 > <number> ? Ss 0:00 proftpd: (accepting connections)
14 > # kill <number>
15 > # /etc/init.d/proftpd start
16 > # (if you want to start at boot) rc-update add proftpd default
17 >