From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Which cputime accounting for kernel-3.10.7 ?
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 09:41:16
1 Hi All,
2
3 I'm about to compile a new kernel and running oldconfig brings up this new set
4 of options. There is no help available, grep-ping through the Documentation
5 wasn't particularly revealing and I haven't found anything in Google to help
6 me decide what I need/want out of the three:
7 ===================================================
8
9 * CPU/Task time and stats accounting
10 *
11 Cputime accounting
12 1. Simple tick based cputime accounting (TICK_CPU_ACCOUNTING)
13 > 2. Full dynticks CPU time accounting (VIRT_CPU_ACCOUNTING_GEN) (NEW)
14 3. Fine granularity task level IRQ time accounting (IRQ_TIME_ACCOUNTING)
15 choice[1-3]: ?
16
17 There is no help available for this option.
18 Prompt: Cputime accounting
19 Location:
20 -> General setup
21 -> CPU/Task time and stats accounting
22 Defined at init/Kconfig:297
23 Selected by: m
25
26 Option 2 seems to have been selected by default, but I am not sure if this is
27 right for a laptop.
28
29 What have you chosen and why?
32 Regards,