From: Melleus <melleus@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Owncloud got completely broken after update
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 23:12:50
1 John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 15:06:20 -0500,
4 > Melleus wrote:
5 >>
6 >> John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> writes:
7 >>
8 >> > On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 18:15:30 -0500,
9 >> > Melleus wrote:
10 >> >>
11 >> >> Hi to all,
12 >> >>
13 >> >> My OC got completely broken after update to v.10.0.4. At least two
14 >> >> backends stop working: webdav and caldav. I have heard that many
15 >> >> developers flee from OC project. So what do think would make more sence
16 >> >> - investing my time in debuging OC or migratitg to Nextcloud?
17 >> >>
18 >> >> Thank you.
19 >> >
20 >> > I went to nextcloud -- it was at 11.0 when I started and is now at
21 >> > 12.04 or so. I got tired of owncloud's problems, even the ability to
22 >> > stay logged in was gone because the developer moved on, and so I
23 >> > bailed on that. I would go back to 9.x before switching, but you will
24 >> > have to restore the database to what it was.
25 >>
26 >> So I have just done. Thankfully I use it only for myself, so all I had
27 >> to do to migrate is just resync my devices. I installed NC from scratch
28 >> and it works out of the box. Though it throws some warnings in its web
29 >> interface: it has found "extra" .webapp-nextcloud-12.0.4 file and
30 >> jquery.ocdialog.js has invalid hash for some unknown reason. I know
31 >> where .webapp* file comes from, but what do you think I should do with
32 >> that jquery* file?
33 >
34 > I am not sure, maybe you should check the forums. I had to comment
35 > out all instances of access_time_limit because it hung my nextcloud
36 > otherwise. So, maybe the forums can help.
37
38 Thanksfully I only got some warnings but everything works. I forgot to
39 mention that the trick was to export my contacts from OC and import to
40 NC. After that I drop my OC account and synced to NC account. And my
41 main calendar is in Org-mode, so switch to another account is no problem
42 at all. I know that this won't work for production, but there are much
43 better admins there than me. They even might know how to make OC work
44 after updates. And I was just looking for the easiest way to migrate my
45 personal data to more reliable storage. Thank you.