From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] automake 1.4
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 08:48:02
1 On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 06:42:39 +0100, Kraus Philipp wrote:
2
3 > I would like to emerge a new automake version. At this time emerge
4 > shows the 1.11.1 version but I need the version 1.4. I have found a
5 > security information that the package is masked because a vulnerabily.
6 > I need only the 1.4 version to compiling a source, after compiling I
7 > can remove the 1.4 version. I have emerged the sys-devel/automake-
8 > wrapper and try to emerge automake 1.4 with emerge -av = automake-1.4
9 > or add them to my portage,mask. How can I install the 1.4 version
10 > temporary?
11
12 It's not masked here, not even keyworded. But if you have added it to
13 package.mask yourself, it will be masked for you. Add packages to
14 package.unmass to override a global mask, but that isn't needed here. I
15 got no warnings when running
16
17 emerge automake:1.4 -p
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Top Oxymorons Number 36: Alone together