From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kopete and Yahoo upgrade message
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 09:40:21
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Paul Hartman wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:52 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>>> I may have pasted the wrong thing. I do have both KDE 3 and KDE 4
10 >>>> installed but I use KDE 3. This is the message I get for the record:
11 >>>>
12 >>>> (01:17:17) Yahoo! Admin: You are using an older version of Yahoo!
13 >>>> Messenger that is no longer supported. Please upgrade by downloading the
14 >>>> newest version by going to: http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php
15 >>>>
16 >>>>
17 >>> Yahoo is notorious for constantly changing their protocol. Every IM
18 >>> program that supports it needs to be updated frequently to keep up
19 >>> with their protocol changes. Try 4.3.1 (released yesterday) and see if
20 >>> that solves anything.
21 >>>
22 >>> Another option would be to use an MSN account instead -- Yahoo and MSN
23 >>> messenger networks are interoperable, and the MSN protocol is more
24 >>> stable. Your contacts will need to add a new account for you, but
25 >>> their yahoo accounts should work from your MSN account.
26 >>>
27 >>>
28 >>>
29 >>>
30 >> I'm still on KDE 3 tho. KDE 4 is just not there for me yet. I have it
31 >> installed but not using it yet.
34 > The emerge info you pasted was of kopete-4.3.0, so that's where I got
35 > that idea. If you're on Kopete 3.x that's probably the source of all
36 > your problems. If it's not being actively updated for the new protocol
37 > changes, you're lucky it even works at all on yahoo. I personally use
38 > pidgin and whenever the yahoo changes happen they've usually got a new
39 > version released a day or two later.
44 Yea, my first post showed the latest kopete installed but not the one I
45 am using. That was in a later post. Add in that I got paste happy and
46 things just got real confusing in a hurry.
47
48 Maybe next time I need to be more rested before I post. o_O
49
50 Dale
51