From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] new machine : start-up time
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:25:44
Regulars will remember the threads re the machine I built recently.
I thought they mb interested in the start-up time now all is working :
Gigabyte BIOS  10 s , Linux Lilo prompt - login prompt  8 s ,
'startx' - GUI ready  4 s : total  22 s  + entering userid+password ;
I start the I/net connection (Dhcpcd) manually from the GUI ( 15 s ).
I assume most of the speed is attributable to the SSD,
perhaps a bit to the 1600 MHz memory; of course, Gentoo shares the honors;
my desktop manager is Fluxbox & I start apps on desktops manually.

--
SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto