From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-up: Several kernel versions have severe EXT4 data corruption bug
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 23:12:34
1 On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
4 > On Oct 25, 2012 10:08 AM, "Michael Mol" <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > > http://lwn.net/Articles/521022/
8 > >
9 > > Links to relevant analysis. Useful comments. 'nuff said.
10 > >
11 > > --
12 > > :wq
13 >
14 > Nice find, thanks.
17 They have an RSS feed. Good stuff. I heard about this before it hit
18 Slashdot or Phoronix. The subscriber stuff is _truly_ good.
21 > But the update to that article which gave a link to Theo T'so email is
22 > quite unnerving. He said that his initial hypothesis had not been proven
23 > and he himself is back in the dark.
24 >
25 > Not much confidence in ext4 for the time being for me. Back to reiserfs?
26 > ;-)
27 >
28 Consider the trillions of operational hours of ext4 without
29 incident...you're just trolling.
32 :wq