From: brunogola <brunogola@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mount: unknown filesystem type 'ext2'
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:47:22
1 Man, i really dont know how mount know wich type is... i know that it normally asks for a fs type when it cant
2 recognize the fs type. Are you sure that fstab points /dev/hda1 to /boot using ext3 ? Can you paste your fstab
3 here? Maybe some conflict?
7 ---------- Cabeçalho original -----------
8
9 De: "Grant" emailgrant@×××××.com
10 Para: gentoo-user@l.g.o
11 Cópia:
12 Data: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:32:59 -0800
13 Assunto: Re: [gentoo-user] mount: unknown filesystem type 'ext2'
14
15 > > Did you already tried to pass to mount the arguments ? Like mount -t ext3 /dev/hda1 /boot ! Try this, about the
16 > > fstab, it's right, but to know what is wrong with your systems i probably need more information. Maybe someone
17 > > in this list had this problem once and know the solution.
18 > >
19 > > Good luck!
20 >
21 > Thank you, manually specifying the filesystem type did work. How does
22 > mount know which fs type to try when it isn't specified? I haven't
23 > had this problem before and I never specify the type.
24 >
25 > - Grant
26 >
27 > --