From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fetch Restriction: 1 package (1 unsatisfied)
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 20:50:03
1 Justin wrote:
2 > Igor Mikushkin schrieb:
3 >> Hello!
4 >>
5 >> I have a problem.
6 >> emerge -av eclipse-sdk
7 >> failed with this:
8 >>
9 >> [ebuild NSF ] dev-java/sun-jdk-1.4.2.17 USE="X alsa -doc -examples
10 >> -jce -nsplugin -odbc" 35,525 kB
11 >>
12 >> Why the fetch is restricted?
13 >> And how to avoid this?
14 >>
15 > Fetch it! Why it is fetch restricted? I don't know, but agree with
16 > you, that it s...!
17 >> Thanks.
18 >> Best Regards.
19 >> Igor Mikushkin
24 I agree, it is silly. You have to go to the website, usually listed
25 with the message that it is fetch restricted, then copy or move it to
26 /usr/portage/distfiles.
27
28 Why? Well, the idiots want you to agree to their license and the only
29 way they are smart enough to get you to do that is to make everything
30 else screwed up and for you to go to their site and get the software.
31 See, they are programmers that are not smart enough to come up with
32 anything else. Smart huh? Make you wonder about how smart their
33 software is yet? LOL LOL
34
35 Dale
36