From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Old IDE drives and the "newer" PATA kernel drivers
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:11:06
1 On 08/27/2010 12:49 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > Is there a way to boot a Gentoo/Knoppix CD and make it use the PATA
3 > drivers? That way I can boot it and see exactly how it will name them
4 > and what drive is what without actually changing anything at all. Is
5 > there a boot option "noide" or some other switch I can use?
6
7 You do the labeling *before* you switch to the new kernel. Once you get
8 it working correctly with your current kernel, then you can upgrade to
9 the new ATA drivers and it will just work (which is the whole point of
10 this exercise.)