From: jdm <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Live CD
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 16:42:27
1 On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 12:05:13 -0400
2 Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > sys-libs/gpm perhaps?
5 >
6 > On 6/6/20 12:01 PM, jdm wrote:
7 > > Hello,
8 > >
9 > > I have had to use the Gentoo Minimal Installation Cd to rescue my
10 > > system due something going wrong with UEFI boot crazyness. Which is
11 > > resolved now.
12 > >
13 > > What I have noticed is that you can use a mouse and copy/paste at
14 > > the command prompt in what looks like framebuffer/tty session or
15 > > whatever that is called before you get GUI desktop.
16 > >
17 > > Anyone know how this magic is done? It's well cool.
18 > >
19 > > John
23 Brilliant, thank you very much. Got that working.
24
25 Wasn't sure what process was running with ps -ef or if it was a kernel
26 thing.
27
28 John