From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] march cflag for Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2160 SLA8Z Malay processor
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 04:09:39
1 вс, 23 сент. 2018 г. в 10:10, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>:
2 >
3 > On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 01:00:39AM +0300, gevisz wrote
4 > > ????, 19 ????????. 2018 ??. ?? 11:38, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>:
5 >
6 > > > According to
7 > > > http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SLA8Z.html it has...
8 > > >
9 > > > MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3
10 > >
11 > > Do you mean that it would be enough to set
12 > > CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe mmx sse sse2 sse3 ssse3"
13 > > without setting the march cflag at all?
14 >
15 > Yes, that would work. Remember also to include in make.conf
16 >
17 > CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2 sse3 ssse3"
18
19 The target processor does not support mmxext.
20
21 > In your jpeg image, I see that the flags include mmx, sse, sse2, pni,
22 > and ssse3. "pni" == "Prescott New Instructions" == "SSE3". Looking at
23 > https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-7.3.0/gcc/x86-Options.html#x86-Options
24 > I suggest "-march=core2" with CPU_FLAGS_X86 same as above. The "core2"
25 > option uses MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3 and SSSE3 instructions, all of which
26 > show up in the listing on your jpeg.
27
28 Thank you. Looking into https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Safe_CFLAGS#Intel
29 I also concluded that for the target processor I should set "-march=core2"
30 but I did not know that core2 option is exactly equivalent to setting mmx,
31 sse, sse2, sse3 and ssse3 instructions.
32
33 So, I decided to spend a day to get my hands on the target computer
34 and compile everything on it with "-march=native" no matter how much
35 time it takes.
36
37 To conclude this thread, I will post the output of the commands
38 suggested in this thread later, after the system install will be finished,
39 just in case somebody will need them in the future.