From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2016-01-08-some-dhcpcd-hooks-are-now-examples
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 23:05:59
1 On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 15:24:57 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > In dhcpcd-6.10.0, the following hooks are no longer installed in
4 > /lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-hooks by default:
5 >
6 > 10-wpa_supplicant
7 > 15-timezone
8 > 29-lookup-hostname
9
10 > I don't use the top one listed because I don't use wireless, although
11 > I'm sure a LOT of others on this list do. I suspect everyone uses a
12 > timezone setting as do I. I have my puter named in the hostname file
13 > but not sure if that is what the news item refers too. I'm not sure
14 > about the lookupp part.
15
16 These are hooks the dhcpcd calls after setting up a connection. So you
17 can set your timezone or hostname according to where you are connected.
18 If you used then, you would know, so it's safe to assume you don't.
19
20 > My question is, does this affect me or does the packages installed that
21 > use/set this stuff still do what needs doing as it has in the past?
22
23 This has nothing to do with openrc or systemd setting such things, but
24 the hooks can be used to override such settings.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 If you think the problem is bad now, just wait until we've solved it.