From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VRFs / Jails / Containers
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 17:34:35
1 On 2/3/19 1:50 AM, Alarig Le Lay wrote:
2 > For the VRF part, Gentoo supports it; it’s in the upstream kernel
3 > sources.
4
5 Yep. I've been doing Network Namespaces, and VRF to a lesser degree,
6 for quite a while now. It's just all been manual or ad-hock scripts.
7
8 > I only tried it once, but failed because my sshd should have been lunch
9 > in my VRF and I didn’t quickly find a way to do it.
10
11 Yep.
12
13 That's the type of integration that I've found lacking.
14
15 I'm only currently asking about how to configure the various network
16 components, not even how to run processes inside of the various systems.
17
18 > But otherwise, it worked.
19
20 It absolutely manually works. I'm looking for the thing(s) to allow the
21 Gentoo OS init scripts to take over some of the management. That's what
22 I'm finding lacking. I asked my question because I was hoping that
23 someone would know about something I didn't. ;-)