From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] flag details
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:10:33
1 Hello,
4 So, I use euse to read aobut flags. Sometimes the same flag has slightly,
5 but significantly different meanings depending on the packages it
6 is use on. A tool with perhaps more detail or that parse the ebuild/sources
7 for even greater detail information?
8
9 I also use Ciaran's old (filter)script on flags:
10
11 explainuseflag(){ sed -ne "s,^\([^ ]*:\)\?$1 - ,,p" $(portageq
12 portdir)/profiles/use.{,local.}desc; }
13
14 Which is due for updating. If does a nice job of filtering out the
15 package version details, which I do not need most of the time.
16
17 Suggested fixes to Ciarans old filter quickie I use from by bashrc?
18
19 Are there any more detailed tools, even gui based tools, for
20 reading about the details of what a flag does on a given package
21 or information related to compile-time or run-time settings on a
22 given code (but not including looking at the sources, I know I can
23 do that)?
24
25 (Gmane on gentoo user is working again from a browser window (yea).
26 Sorry for the recent noisy_posts.
29 curiously,
30 James