From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge --keep-going but it doesn't
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 14:40:32
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 05/27/2010 02:42 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Hi folks.
4 >>
5 >> I'm doing a fresh install onto another hard drive. Just felt like
6 >> doing a fresh
7 >> one instead of copying. Anyway, I got most everything installed. I
8 >> was doing my
9 >> last set of installs, things like seamonkey, firefox, pigdin, gtkam
10 >> and all the
11 > > other programs I use for this and that. I did copy my old make.conf
12 > over from the
13 > > old install. I have the --keep-going option in there.
14 >
15 > Hm. Does it work if you use the --keep-going option on the command
16 > line instead
17 > of in make.conf?
21 I haven't tried that. Your suggestion made me think of something to
22 look at tho. I checked the logs since it records what is being done and
23 the options. I noticed this:
24
25 1274924669: *** emerge --with-bdeps --ask --verbose --buildpkg
26 seamonkey gkrellm hddtemp kbackup k3b tkdvd myspell-en screen uptimed
27 scribus autounmask elogv elogviewer flagedit mirrorselect pfl porthole
28 gimp gtkam hugin alsamixergui avidemux smplayer iftop nettop traceroute
29 wireshark pppconfig wvdial iptables pidgin ntp whois hplip
30 http-replicator googleearth hdparm hwinfo lshw smartmontools dosfstools
31 shake sys-power/nut htop iotop lsof links mozilla-firefox adobe-flash
32 gecko-mediaplayer mesa-progs gkrellm-themes
33 1274924866: >>> emerge (1 of 137) sys-fs/sysfsutils-2.1.0 to /
34
35 So, emerge picks up on the others but not that one. I then moved it
36 from one section in make.conf and put it in the other. Now it sees the
37 option. I guess it was in the wrong place. For the record, I had it in
38 FEATURES and moved it to the EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS. I guess the last one
39 is where it is supposed to be. I may have copied it to the wrong place
40 since portage would never move things in make.conf. I need better
41 glasses. lol Funny that emerge didn't print a error tho.
42
43 Thanks for shining a light in the dark tunnel.
44
45 Dale
46