From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Migration to xorg-x11 7.0 - Great except for one detail
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 21:43:25
1 Remy Blank wrote:
2 > I had slightly changed the "inspiron" xkb mapping so that they
3 > generated the right events (XF86AudioPlay, XF86AudioStop,
4 > XF86AudioPrev, XF86AudioNext). Then, I defined a few keyboard
5 > shortcuts in the KDE control center to trigger come actions,
6
7 Please explain how you did this, or point me to a document, as I
8 don't see any Play or Stop or similar actions in Control Center >
9 Regional > Keyboard Shortcuts.
10
11 > In xorg-x11 7.0, the "inspiron" xkb mapping is already fixed, and
12 > xev shows that the right events are generated. But the shortcuts
13 > are not activated anymore. I am using KDE 3.5.2, and the
14 > shortcuts worked right before the update to xorg-x11.
15 > revdep-rebuild doesn't need to re-emerge anything.
16
17 Revdep-rebuild isn't perfect, but it seems unlikely that re-emerging
18 some KDE package would fix the problem. Trying won't hurt though.
19 Give kxkb, kdelibs, ksmserver and kcminit a shot.
20
21 Benno
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list