From: Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: OT: [gentoo-user] modifying timezone
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:52:37
1 Hi Dale,
2
3 Quoting Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>:
4
5 > Norberto Bensa wrote:
6 >> Hello list,
7 >>
8 >> < SNIP > (damn politicians and all their crazy ideas...)
9 >
10 > Don't feel bad, we got some of those too. The reason we even have DST
11 > changes with everyone I ask.
12
13 I have no a problem with DST at all. The problem is how these guys
14 have voted a law in both cameras of the congress in just a few hours,
15 for a change that will be effective in two days (ok, three days), not
16 taking into account the time it will take for us to update our servers
17 and our client boxes.
18
19 I don't feel bad... I'm just a little little little fed up of all this
20 stupidity. Just unpack /usr/portage/distfiles/tzdata2007j.tar.gz and
21 read "Argentina" or "Buenos Aires." I'll give you a little quote:
22
23 # From Mariano Absatz (2004-06-14):
24 # ... this weekend, the Province of Tucuman decided it'd go back to UTC-03:00
25 # yesterday midnight (that is, at 24:00 Saturday 12th), since the people's
26 ------------------
27 # annoyance with the change is much higher than the power savings obtained....
31 :-/
32
33 Regards,
34 Norberto
35
37 This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list