From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kadu 2.1...OTR / Encryption defunct ???
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 18:46:03
1 Hi,
2
3 is something known about the status of OTR/encrypted chat via Jabber/
4 XMPP with kadu 2.1 ?
5
6 This evening I was trying to get such a connection with a friend. We
7 configured kadu simulatanously while talking on the phone. He uses
8 kadu 3.0 windows and I tried kadu-2.1 GENTOO. Th econfiguration was
9 identical and I could see the plaintext, if he switched off encryption
10 and the data garbage when he switches on encryption. So the way, we
11 tried that was not totally absurd/wrong.
12
13 But regardless what I was trying ... clicking the little
14 padlock icon does not result in "Simlite encryption" to switch on.
15
16 Is it only me again or does this version of kadu contain a bug?
17
18 Anything known about this?
19
20 Thank you very much for any help in advance!
23 Best regards,
24 Meino