From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] fglrx and posix shared mem
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 04:11:44
1 Hi,
2
3 for a while I've been seeing errors like this:
4
5 fglX11AllocateManagedSurface: __FGLTexMgrAllocMem failed!!
6
7 on the screen when running screensavers, specifically "mirrorblob". I
8 found an ubuntu link[1] which led me to an ATI link[2] which said it is
9 because posix shared memory isn't enabled.
10
11 Essentially it led me to `mount | grep "shm"`
12
13 "If the mount was successful, then the following output (or similar)
14 should appear:
15
16 tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)"
17
18 and of course, this is already enabled. So why am I seeing the error?
19 Has anyone else fixed this issue? I don't know where to go next, google
20 only showed 1 match!
21
22 I am running ati-drivers-8.37.6-r1
23
24 [1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1691647
25 [2] http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.16.20.html#176878
26
27 thanks for the help,
31 Good day for overcoming obstacles. Try a steeplechase.
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list