From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Modelling software - free - preferably easy to install under Gentoo.
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 17:33:47
1 On 6/17/07, Steve [Gentoo] <gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > I have some (say 100) discrete data sequences sampling a single analogue
3 > system with time-stamp data.
4 >
5 > I would like to do some analysis on these signals to see if there are
6 > any interesting things that can be demonstrated - for example, if I
7 > could show a strong correlation in the signals between two times, but
8 > none at other times, I might be able to conclude that there was
9 > communication of some description, but only for a fixed duration.
10 >
11 > At the moment I'm open minded about what kind of software I'd want to
12 > employ - and also about what I'd like to prove. Essentially, I'd like
13 > to analyse the data for features - then ask if they correspond with
14 > system events I'm already broadly aware about (rather than vice-versa.)
15 >
16 > Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?
19 Not exactly sure what your asking for, but if the data can be
20 represented as an audio stream of some description you may want to
21 look at baudline, its a great tool, but not in portage.
22
23 Basicaly an FFT time/frequency analysis tool
24
25 http://www.baudline.com/
26
27 If its of no use to you, It will probably still have the 'oh thats so
28 cool' attributes :)
29 --
30 Kent
31 ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|
32 print "enNOSPicAMreil kdrtf@×××.com"[(2*x)..(2*x+1)]}'
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list